Emergency School Closing Information
In the case of inclement weather that causes schools to close, YOU WILL RECEIVE A PHONE CALL FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT ON EITHER THE NIGHT BEFORE OR THE MORNING THAT SCHOOL IS TO BE CLOSED. The district uses a communications tool called School Messenger that allows us to record one message and send it to every parent and staff members' home on the day of the closing. NOTE: It is VERY important that we have the proper contact information (email, phone numbers, etc.) for you - PLEASE contact your child's school right away if any of this information changes. In addition to receiving a phone call, closing information is posted here:
- District homepage: www.gtps.k12.nj.us
- Facebook: facebook.com/gallowayschools
- Twitter: twitter.com/gallowayschools
- Main district phone number: 609-748-1250, the main recording will announce the closing as well.
- If a student is transported by bus, the student should report
to the bus stop two hours later than the usual time.
- If a student is driven to school, walks, or rides a bike to
school, the student should arrive two hours later than the
- Child Care would also be delayed by the same two hours.
- The school day would end at the normal time.
You are encouraged to listen fully to any automated message from the school district.